Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Still Here

Yes, we are still alive and kicking.

Sorry about the lack of recent updates, as internet availability here is scarce and unpredictable. I was secretly hoping that I would have a family with wireless internet capability. I was wrong. Suffice it to say that I am sitting here at an internet cafe in a mall while the students shop. That is what I have been reduced to.

But that's okay.

We have seen and experienced much this week. Much of it has been beautiful, but we are also struggling with some difficult questions about poverty and justice. Just spending a day at a health clinic in one of the poorest areas in the world (which we did today in Mamelodi) has taught us as much. And yet, we stay in homes which rival the wealthiest. It is truly a feeling of ambivalence.

And we are learning much.

So sad to say, it may be a few days on pictures. I am assuming I will have some capability for pictures and internet at Sun City, and most likely will post more then. I am at 700 pictures and counting. Not sure if I can post them all.

Until very soon, cheers. Keep praying for us, that we may see the world and learn its reality. And that we may continue to do it safely. God has been faithful so far.

Thank you all. We'll speak again soon.

0 comments: