Friday, January 8, 2010

Safe in SA

Our flight landed this evening at about 5:20 PM South Africa time. We are safe and sound in Pretoria, South Africa this evening. Thanks be to God.

As I write, the students are nestled cozily in their beds at the Farm Inn, hopefully resting their bodies after a flight that was every bit of 16 hours. Wow. Even having made the trip before, it really takes your breath away.

We arrived to the sound of lions roaring in the distance. With any luck, we will see some tomorrow. Saturday we will see the Union buildings in Pretoria (where the President and the South Africa government resides), go on a mini-safari in the afternoon, and conclude the day with a traditional African braai. The children are excited. I know I am.

Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to post some pictures here, as our group seems to have an exorbitant number of Nikon and Canon cameras. Perhaps we can let you all see what we have seen through this medium.

The students have been wonderful. We are exhausted. Hope everyone back in the States is well, and I will update the blog as much as I can.

PS. Today was 77 degrees. So sorry to hear about the snow.

0 comments: